It’s tough to find a good anti-aging skincare product that not only works but doesn’t cost too many pretty pennies. How many piggy banks have been smashed in the name of the next miracle age defy-er, only to get ‘meh’ results?
Good news! One of the best anti-aging ingredients is actually super affordable (and, coincidentally, super delicious), and probably already in your fridge.
Egg whites contain a bunch of different proteins that help reduce fine lines and temporarily mask deeper ones. They’re also high in collagen, a protein found in skin that improves firmness and elasticity, as well as Vitamin A which is essential for healing scars or other damaged tissue.
Add in plain yogurt for its incredible moisturizing properties and raw honey for its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and you have a firming, toning, anti-aging mask that will have you saying adios to a cabinet full of creams and hello to fresh, youthful skin.
At a glance:
Beginner. Everyone can do this
Tight and toned.
Anti-aging. Also a fantastic choice for any day you want to shrink the appearance of pores to look and feel especially good for pictures.
As much as it gets
Anti-Aging Egg White Face Mask
- 1 egg white
- 1 T plain organic yogurt
- 1 tsp raw organic honey
- Separate the yolk from the whites then beat the egg whites with a form or whisk until they form a foamy froth.
- Stir in the plain organic yogurt and the raw honey until all is combined.
- Brush mixture over clean, dry face. Careful of drips, this one can be a bit on the runny side if you put too much on at once.
- After about 15 minutes, when you feel your skin tightening up, rinse the mask off with lukewarm water and pat dry. No need to use any soap during your wash.
- After you rinse, you’ll be left with visibly smaller pores and tighter, firmer feeling skin. This is a great mask to do before applying makeup as it smooths out the “canvas” of your face.
It’s also a fantastic choice for any day you want to shrink the appearance of pores to look and feel especially good for pictures.
Botaneri “Level-up” Tip:
Save the egg yolk and make this awesome hair mask at the same time…2 beauty birds, 1 stone!
Botaneri “Level-up” Tip:
If you’re interested in skin food, read all about the top 6 ingredients you’ll need to get started personalizing your beauty routine.
About the author
I’m Drew, creator of Botaneri and an artisanal skincare formulator and certified aromatherapist who is here to help take the mystery out of DIY natural beauty. I started creating my own plant-based skin and body care products at home to deal with my own skin issues.
What I love most is helping people create luxurious and effective self-care products right in their own kitchens. It’s a lot easier than you think. Trust me, if I can do it, so can you.